[j-nsp] Conditionally Generating Default Routes

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sat May 9 01:33:53 EDT 2015

On (2015-05-09 00:01 +0200), Mark Tinka wrote:

Hey,

> I know - and what I meant was if the local core router is disconnected
> from other core routers which lead to the egress router (like a peering
> or border router, for example), it won't stop originating the default
> toward the edge router to which the customer is connected.

This quickly chnages the discussion into, what is blackholing, what part of
the Internet must be inaccessible for you to be blackholing. In context of
static default routing, the answer necessarily is some compromise of the
perfect answer.
Of course what are sane places in your core to originate your candidate or
default route, depends on your architecture, and it would be unwise to
originate them in a P box whose external connections fate-share PE's external
connections.

This same discussion as is were you should originate your PA networks, and
well connected, non-fatesharing P boxes are the obvious choice.

--
  ++ytti