[j-nsp] Counter on subinterface on EX

Raphael Mazelier raph at futomaki.net
Mon May 11 05:11:54 EDT 2015

I've just realized there is another pretting annoying problem with EX
series. It seems that is was not possible to count passing in
subinterface (or vlan interface) on EX.

Quoting the documentation :

"Note: For logical interfaces on EX Series switches, the traffic
statistics fields in show interfaces commands show only control traffic;
the traffic statistics do not include data traffic. "

This make me in real trouble for billing, as I mixed customers vlan(s)
on physical ports in my architecture...

I wonder if someone ever faced this problem, and if there is some king
of workarround. The goal is to monitoring traffic, and billing.

Thks.

--
Raphael Mazelier