[j-nsp] ex4600 policers with flexible-vlan-tagging

tlb thomas.bowlby at gmail.com
Tue May 12 08:21:35 EDT 2015

Model: ex4600-40f
JUNOS Base OS Software Suite [13.2X51-D30.4]
We have the following design, utilizing the providers backbone to provide us l2 services for customers in various datacenters.

customer —my_switch(ex4600) — provider — my_switch(ex4600)— customer.

We have a requirement of flexible-vlan-tagging so that we can perform swap or push operations at customer edge on ingress and would also like to apply a policer here too.  The issue we have,  policers or per-unit-scheduler to perform shaping seem not to be supported with flexible-vlan-tagging.

## Warning: An interface cannot have both family ethernet-switching and flexible-vlan-tagging configured

Does anyone have recommendation on how this should be performed?

Thank you in advance.
-tom