[j-nsp] Junos upgrade how to

Prabhu Gurumurthy kepler62e.lyra at gmail.com
Mon May 25 13:39:17 EDT 2015

Hello James,

Yes, EX 8200 running 11.4 supports NSSU, It has supported NSSU since 10.4
Juniper KB: http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB19987
The KB method(s) worked without any issues for us when we did twin EX 8200
upgrades with dual RE.

WRT to EX 4200, also supports NSSU, but you gotta be on 12.1 or over (
http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos13.3/topics/concept/nssu-ex-series.html)We
have used NSSU on our production EX series equipment and have not seen
anything that was really concerning or confusing for that matter.

WRT to SRX, sorry I cannot help with ISSU/NSSU on that one.

Hope this helps,
Prabhu
-