[j-nsp] sip calls through srx fail after approx 15 min

Andy Litzinger andy.litzinger.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 29 10:45:15 EDT 2015

So far the culprit appears to have been the NAT setup.  Contrary to my
understanding a source NAT with a 1:1 mapping does still seem to use PAT.
AFAICT there is no way to disable that for a single source NAT rule, only
for all source NAT.  This presumes that the 'security nat source
port-randomization disable' knob has the effect of disabling PAT on a 1:1
source nat.  I'm not able to test that as I'm relying on other source NATs
that I don't want to interrupt.  Anyway,  I updated my config to use static
NAT and we were immediately able to hold a test call for far longer than
15m (we let it go to 50m before we ended it).

We'll continue to test and monitor and I'll report back here if we have
issues.  thanks to everyone for their help!

-andy