[j-nsp] Limit on interfaces in bundle

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Nov 2 11:47:06 EST 2015

On 2 November 2015 at 18:09, Jesper Skriver <jesper at skriver.dk> wrote:
> I am not sayint that it doesn't make sense - I am saying that it
> doesn't appear practical given the architecture of the average
> router. What I've described above is how the typical router
> is implemented.
>
> Feel free not to believe me, but I do have some experience in the
> area.

I fully believe and expect there are platforms where it would not be
viable, especially 'l3 switch' type devices which make lot of
assumptions to reduce cost. But I'd be surprised if high touch devices
like ezchip, trio, solar (or what ever the huawei chip was called),
fp3 etc. couldn't do it.
Naively it feels like classify on ingress NPU, inject the
classification information on cell headers over fabric, egress NPU
then produces l2 rewrite information, taking into consideration the
classification found on cell headers.

--
  ++ytti