[j-nsp] Juniper MX VPLS S-Tag pop/push with QoS

Nealon, Mike mnealon at lightower.com
Fri Nov 6 12:57:31 EST 2015

Hello, does anybody have knowledge of the order of operations relative to QoS classification of a packet when using a pop/push mechanism in a VPLS instance? I'm trying to make sure packets are classified based on the S-Tag that I am "popping", but I fear the pop may happen before the classification. I need the QoS/P-Bit information in the S-Tag to persist across the network. So I guess the actual question is: How is QoS information persistence achieved when you need to also provide VLAN ambiguity?

Thanks all,

-Mike