[j-nsp] understand "request system software rollback" in Junos

Martin T m4rtntns at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 12:25:55 EDT 2015

Hi,

I installed Junos 13.2R8.2 to M10i(RE-850), executed "request system
snapshot"(in other words copied / to /altroot on HDD and /config to
/altconfig on HDD) and installed Junos 13.3R6.5 with "request system
software add". This means that I have Junos 13.2R8.2 on HDD and Junos
13.3R6.5 on CF and I'm able to boot into both installations with
"request system reboot media". As I have old Junos installation on HDD
I thought that I'm able to roll back from Junos 13.3R6.5 to 13.2R8.2
with "request system software rollback", but this does seems to do
nothing::

root> request system software rollback

root>

When can one use "request system software rollback"?

thanks,
Martin