[j-nsp] SRX firewall virtualization

james list jameslist72 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 03:08:18 EDT 2015

Dear experts,

I’d like to know your opinion about firewall virtualization inside SRX
boxes (high-end).

As far as I understand there are a couple of way: Logical Systems (LSys)
and Virtual routers (VR).

>From your point of view:

1)      Which are the main differences among Lsys and VR ?

2)      Which are pro and cons of LSys and VR ?

3)      If I need to put in communication two LSys in the same box which is
the maximum throughtput I can get ? Should I use lt- interface ?

4)      If I need to put in communication two VR  in the same boz which is
the maximum throughtput I can get ? Should I use import/export ?

If  inside the feedbacks you can provide any reference URL it will be
appreciated.

Cheers

James