[j-nsp] Multi Core on JUNOS?

Raphael Mazelier raph at futomaki.net
Mon Oct 5 06:11:20 EDT 2015

Le 03/10/15 02:41, Olivier Benghozi a écrit :
> I have heard that:
> 1) forget it about PowerPC CPUs (MX 80/104).
> 2) JunOS 15.1 uses a more recent FreeBSD 10 base (as said in the doc) with SMP activated; but I guess that as long as rpd won't be recoded accordingly, it won't be any faster.

Same return here.

For point 2, on 15 release the smp will at least permit that other
process than rpd can run on another core (flowd). It may speed up a
little operations, or not (if rpd have to wait constantly for others
process state).

The real challenge is to make rpd modular, and smp aware. First results
are expected in Junos 16 afaik.

--
Raphael Mazelier