[j-nsp] MPC2E vs MPC2E NG

Peter Sievers sievers at psicurity.de
Tue Oct 13 09:39:51 EDT 2015

Hi,

Am 13.10.2015 um 14:59 schrieb Adam Vitkovsky:
> Reading the SW features
> For example “Chained composite next hops”   -these are there since ever so what’s changed
> And the rest of the stuff like ”Layer 3 VPN localization”  (is going to be the same fun as SVD on XR) are all of those only available on the NG version?
> I don’t see a note anywhere saying oh btw for this feature you need the NG version of an MPC.

MPC2E:   2 x PFE (Trio gen1 ~40GBit/s)
          lookup chip: LU based (FIB with 64 BIT Junos 5M)
          -Q PIC-based scheduler for HQoS

MPC2E-NG 1 x PFE (Trio gen2 PFE ~130GBit/s for MPC2E-NG 80GBit/s)
          lookup chip: XL based (FIB with 64 Bit Junos 10M)
          flexible QoS 32K Queues (non Q)
          -Q 512K Queues
          New Filter Architecture (Offloading to filter block)
          better performance at smaller packet site

Regards,

.peter