[j-nsp] dynamic-db for prefix-list filter on ex3200, ex2200

Dan Farrell danno at appliedi.net
Mon Oct 26 13:29:53 EDT 2015

Howdy List,

I can't seem to get a dynamic-db prefix-list to work correctly on either an ex3200 or ex2200 on JUNOS 12.3 and 12.10.
I'm starting to suspect it simply won't work on these models (or maybe on EX-series at all, or maybe only on routing policies).

Using a dynamic-db prefix-list in a filter leads to NO packets passing on the interface it is instantiated on. (tested on l2 and l3 interface filtering).

It seems to be a simple implementation (create the same prefix-list name in the normal configuration as the dynamic-db prefix list and tag it 'dynamic-db', then use in a filter), so I'm currently not suspecting myself as the culprit.

Combining manual prefixes with the dynamic-db in one prefix-list results in only the manual prefixes being honored, while the dynamic-db ones are still ignored (same as above).

Thanks list!

Also, here's my configuration's relevant parts:

DYNAMIC CONFIGURATION:
========================
  policy-options {
      prefix-list badips {