[j-nsp] Limit on interfaces in bundle

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Oct 29 20:44:44 EDT 2015

On 30 October 2015 at 00:54, Cydon Satyr <cydonsatyr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Adam I believe that is correct. If I remember this, if it's something other
> than 0x4/0x6 Trio chip looks at bits after first 12 bytes; if it's
> 0x0800/0x86dd it still load balances this packet based on IPv4/IPv6 rules,
> and if it's 0x8100 it skips up to two vlan headers and again checks for real
> ethertype.  If it's something other than this it stops and just load
> balances used MPLS tags.

Wouldn't this fall in the  SADDR range, where both 0x0800 and 0x86dd
would be acceptable values for all Pv4/IPv6/ETH, making it completely
unviable way to discriminate.
There isn't really super good way to duck-type in LSR transit. Frankly
MPLS would have done well to specify multiple ethertypes, MPLS-IP,
MPLS-ETH, MPLS-UNSPECIFIED, this could be introduced post-fact, by
making 8847 MPLS-UNSPECIFIED.

--
  ++ytti