[j-nsp] MX series - FPC3 compatibility with SCB2 and SCBE

louis.poncin at orange.com louis.poncin at orange.com
Mon Sep 21 02:35:43 EDT 2015

Hi,

SCBE2 are not compatible with DPC/FPC http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/concept/scbe2-mx960-desc.html

Indeed, for SCB/SCBE it is clearly mentioned "Switch fabric-Provides the switching functions for the DPCs, FPCs, and MPCs" (http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/concept/enhanced-mx-scb-description-mx960.html + http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/concept/scb-mx960-description.html). On the SCBE2 webpage it only deals with "Switch fabric-Provides switching functions for the MPCs"

So it you want to upgrade your SCB then go for SCBE only... Or get rid of your FPC3 :(