[j-nsp] Cheaper way to have 2x100G and 16x10G wire-speed in MX480

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Sat Sep 26 12:37:51 EDT 2015

Depending on your chassis you may be able to upgrade to SCBE2 - but
that requires *all* MPC cards AND requires a newer style backplane
(part number is escaping me at the moment) and of course with the MPC4
will require high capacity fans.  Assuming you meet all of those
hardware prereqs MPC4 based cards can hit that.  SCBE is 160G/slot,
SCBE2 is 360G/slot.

But cheap, and 100G or cheap and 40G and full scale routing....they're
kind of mutually exclusive right now.  The PTX platform may have
better price points for this role too.  I suggest you talk to your
Juniper sales rep.

On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 5:41 AM, Robert Hass <robhass at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> What is cheapest way to choose proper MPC/MICs to have 2x100G and 16x10G
> all wire-speed plus possibility to extend my configuration to total 32x10G
> and 4x100G ?
>
> Is it possible to have 200Gbps (400G in both directions) per slot in cast
> of malfunction of one fabric card ?
>
> What you can suggest ?
>
> Rob

into trouble of all kinds."