[j-nsp] purpose of "commit check"?

Martin T m4rtntns at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 17:24:41 EDT 2015

Hi,

when I commit the candidate configuration in Junos, I tend to execute
"commit check" and if configuration check succeeds, then I execute
"commit comment <COMMENT>". However, when I think about it, "commit
(comment)" itself should perform those very same checks that "commit
check" does. If yes, then what is the point of "commit check"? Only
purpose I could see is to check the validity of the candidate
configuration in the middle of the configuration process, i.e. to
check if the changes made in candidate configuration so far are fine
but the candidate configuration is not ready to be committed.

thanks,
Martin