[j-nsp] purpose of "commit check"?

Bryan Ashley bashley at streamnetworksinc.com
Tue Sep 29 12:13:49 EDT 2015

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not but another good use of commit check is to confirm a commit confirmed. Typically people will issue a commit confirmed X to automatically rollback a change that didn't work. If the change did work many folks issue a commit to save the change and move forward. The problem with this is both your commit confirmed and subsequent commit burn rollbacks. A commit check will satisfy a commit confirmed without burning an additional rollback.

Sent using CloudMagic Email<https://cloudmagic.com/k/d/mailapp?ct=pa&cv=7.3.5&pv=5.1.1&source=email_footer_2>