[j-nsp] exception traffic types for Juniper routers

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Tue Sep 29 16:57:37 EDT 2015

On Tue, 29 Sep 2015, Martin T wrote:

> as I understand, there are several different exception traffic types:
>
> 1) unicast traffic addressed to router itselt. For example telnet, SSH
> or SNMP traffic. I guess it is technically correct to say that
> "incoming frames which have one of the router interfaces MAC addresses
> as a destination MAC address are exception traffic"?

I certainly hope not, that would mean that every packet routed by the
router would be punted to the processor.

It would have to have an IP address that matches one of the addresses
assigned the the router, not the MAC.

--
Brandon Ross                                      Yahoo & AIM:  BrandonNRoss
+1-404-635-6667                                                ICQ:  2269442