[j-nsp] purpose of "commit check"?

Alexander Arseniev arseniev at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 30 11:49:37 EDT 2015

Hello,
To add to what's been already covered  - "commit check" runs the commit
scripts as if it is an actual commit.
And You can do pretty much everything with commit scripts, including
logging to another node and comparing/changing the config there.
One use case is to keep DetNAT pools & prefix-lists synced between 2
CGNAT nodes in case inter-node failover happens. So if You want to
always make changes on 1 such node only, and never bother with manually
checking config consistency, then use a commit script which logs in to a
neighbor node and does comparison and maybe fixes some trivial
discrepansies. In this case, You want to run "commit check" first, to
get 2nd node changed, and then "commit comment" to get 1st node aligned
with the 2nd.
HTH
Thanks
Alex