[j-nsp] negative arp cache on JunOS?

joel jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Fri Apr 1 11:08:55 EDT 2016

On 3/31/16 3:49 PM, Jared Mauch wrote:
> For reasons that can’t be easily solved, we have a large subnet
> connected on a device that connects wireless and other devices.  I’m
> looking for a quick answer if someone has been able to configure
> negative arp caching on JunOS to prevent ARP floods or excessive ARPs
> for the same addresses.

while even a moderate sized ethernet switch fib could hold discard
entries for a /16 pretty easily any attempt to hold the non-attestations
for a v6 subnet is likely to end in tears I think.

> Anyone solved a similar problem?

arp sponging is a thing

https://ams-ix.net/technical/specifications-descriptions/controlling-arp-traffic-on-ams-ix-platform