[j-nsp] MX480BASE3-AC - whats inside bundle

Chen Jiang ilovebgp4 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 22:42:45 EDT 2016

The only difference between "3" and non-"3" model is the enhanced midplane
to support new 500G line card.  The old non-"3" chassis midplane could
support about 300Gbps bandwidth per slot.

And because this is only a midplane connector enhancement, so the base3
chassis is compatible with all old line card,fabric and REs.

On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 2:05 PM, Robert Hass <robhass at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I'm looking what is devliered with MX480BASE3-AC bundle.
>
> It should be:
> - MX480 chassis
> - Fan-Tray
> - Two Power Supplies
> - One SCB - But which one ? SCB ? SCBE ?
> - One RE - But again which RE model ?
>
> Just to compare old bundle (without "3") - MX480-BASE-AC consist:
> - MX480 chassis
> - Fan-Tray
> - Two Power Supplies - 1200W each
> - RE-S-1300-2048