[j-nsp] Interaction between bgp.rtarget.0 routes and vrf-import.

Pyxis LX pyxislx at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 01:25:25 EDT 2016

Hi, Experts.

I was doing l3vpn lab with bgp family route-target enabled on PE.

If I only configure vrf-import on PE1, PE1 will not advertise relevant
route-targets referenced by the vrf-import policy.

To get around this, besides vrf-import policy, I also configured
vrf-target import on that instance to get PE1 advertising this
route-target.

1. Is that possible to create some "route-targets" and export them
just like the static routes?

2. What is the best practice when using both bgp family route-target
and vrf-import policy?

Thank You!

-PLX