[j-nsp] Segment Routing ( SPRING )

Julian Lucek jlucek at juniper.net
Tue Apr 12 06:23:27 EDT 2016

Yes, as Nick mentioned we have released several SPRING features (in
15.1F5). Some of the highlights include:

Adjacency Segments for IPv4 and IPv6
Link protection of adjacency segment using LFA/Remote LFA

Node Segments for IPv4 and IPv6
Link or node protection of node segment using LFA/Remote LFA

Tunnelling Node-Label traffic over RSVP LSP

LFA/Remote LFA for LDP traffic, using SPRING node labels for the
protection path (to eliminate need for targeted LDP session between PLR and
PQ-node)

Also in 13.3 we released sub-50ms egress PE protection using SPRING
context label (see
https://forums.juniper.net/t5/Industry-Solutions-and-Trends/Sub-50ms-PE-pro
tection-using-IGP-labels-SPRING/bc-p/262825 for more details)

At the MPLS World Congress last month, we had demos of the NorthStar
Controller doing path computation and installation of SPRING LSPs using
PCEP. (More details at
http://forums.juniper.net/t5/SDN-and-NFV-Era/Northstar-at-2016-MPLS-World-C
ongress-demonstration-in-support/ba-p/289572 )

Julian

On 08/04/2016 16:17, "Nick Ryce" <nick at fluency.net.uk> wrote:

>If you speak to a friendly Juniper SE, they have a release that features
>spring.  Julian Lucek mentioned this when I saw a presentation from him
>back in November.

>Nick Ryce
>Fluency Communications
>(Commsworld Ltd T/A)
>
>T: +44 (0) 330 121 1000
>www.fluency.net.uk <http://www.fluency.net.uk/>
>nick at fluency.net.uk <mailto:charlie at fluency.net.uk>

>On 07/04/2016, 20:25, "juniper-nsp on behalf of James Bensley"
><juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net on behalf of jwbensley at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On 7 April 2016 at 19:46, Aaron <aaron1 at gvtc.com> wrote:
>>> Hi James, I have the book "MPLS in the SDN Era" and it shows some
>>>SPRING/SR
>>> config for Junos and IOS XR on Page 94
>>>
>>> One of the key contributors to the book is cc'd here... David might be
>>>able
>>> to speak to some of the SPRING existence in Junos
>>>
>>> I'm seeing this in my lab ASR9k running XR 5.3.1
>>>
>>> RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:eng-lab-9k-1#conf
>>> Thu Apr  7 13:37:18.241 CDT
>>> RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:eng-lab-9k-1(config)#router isis mycore
>>> RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:eng-lab-9k-1(config-isis)#address-family ipv4 unicast
>>> RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:eng-lab-9k-1(config-isis-af)#segment-routing ?
>>>   mpls            Enable Segment Routing Feature using MPLS
>>>encapsulation
>>>   prefix-sid-map  Enable prefix-sid-map
>>> RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:eng-lab-9k-1(config-isis-af)#segment-routing mpls ?
>>>   sr-prefer  Prefer segment routing labels over LDP labels
>>>   <cr>
>>> RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:eng-lab-9k-1(config-isis-af)#segment-routing mpls
>>>sr-prefer ?
>>>   <cr>
>>> RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:eng-lab-9k-1(config-isis-af)#segment-routing
>>>prefix-sid-map ?
>>>   advertise-local  Advertise active local prefix-SID mappings
>>>   receive          Enable prefix-SID mapping client
>>> RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:eng-lab-9k-1(config-isis-af)#segment-routing
>>>prefix-sid-map
>>> advertise-local ?
>>>   <cr>
>>> RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:eng-lab-9k-1(config-isis-af)#segment-routing
>>>prefix-sid-map
>>> receive ?
>>>   <cr>
>>> RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:eng-lab-9k-1(config-isis-af)#exit
>>> RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:eng-lab-9k-1(config-isis)#exit