[j-nsp] protect ssh and telnet

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Wed Apr 13 16:43:35 EDT 2016

Thanks Chris, but apparently the Juniper ACX5048 is an exception to the lo0 rule…  see link

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content <http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB28893&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1305252358192> &id=KB28893&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1305252358192

I’ve been able to accomplish protecting telnet/ssh on my ACX5048 like this…

set routing-instances one forwarding-options family inet filter input protect-5048

set firewall family inet filter protect-5048 term 1 from destination-address 1.1.1.1/32

set firewall family inet filter protect-5048 term 1 from protocol tcp

set firewall family inet filter protect-5048 term 1 from destination-port telnet

set firewall family inet filter protect-5048 term 1 from destination-port ssh

set firewall family inet filter protect-5048 term 1 then count protect-5048-counter

set firewall family inet filter protect-5048 term 1 then discard

set firewall family inet filter protect-5048 term 2 then accept

1.1.1.0/24 is a subnet on an interface in vrf “one” on my acx5048…

The only thing is that I will need to make it a policy with my colleagues that if/when we churn public address space or add new interfaces on our acx5048’s, part of the process will be to add a line to our firewall acl…

set firewall family inet filter protect-5048 term 1 from destination-address 1.1.2.1/32

set firewall family inet filter protect-5048 term 1 from destination-address 1.1.3.1/32

etc

QUESTION – does anyone know how to make this firewall acl or include a confition or policy somehow to apply the firewall policy to ONLY LOCAL ROUTES (/32’s) ?  that would be nice , so that I would never have to add/subtract specific ip addresses in this firewall policy.

Aaron