[j-nsp] Cisco vs Juniper confused

Michael Gehrmann mgehrmann at atlassian.com
Thu Apr 14 19:35:36 EDT 2016

Hi Payam,

I agree that if you have a bottleneck then remove it. I don't suggest
firewalls for surviving DDoS and would recommend a router with ACL's which
will have a better survivability due to PPS performance. There will be a
point however where the cost of designing your network to survive will
outweigh the cost of a DDoS Protection Service. When you see attacks of
over 100G this starts to become a costly exercise.

Mike