[j-nsp] QFX10002 as P Router

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sun Apr 17 12:09:57 EDT 2016

On 17 April 2016 at 14:51, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:
> You don't really need to put the Internet in a VRF to enjoy a BGP-free core.

Nope. But you need Internet in VRF, if you can't put sufficient filter on lo0.

> I'd imagine that resources become more of a concern when you put the
> global table in a VRF vs. inet.0.

Why? I imagine the cost is same. I don't imagine individual route
entries in RIB or in FIB have table index and even if they do have, I
do not expect that there is special INET version of that structure in
hardware, where this index does not exist.

--
  ++ytti