[j-nsp] Cisco vs Juniper confused

Adam Vitkovsky Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
Tue Apr 19 07:41:09 EDT 2016

> Rolf Hanßen
> Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 2:05 PM
>
> Hi,
>
> just an idea for networks with small budget that do not want to blackhole the
> destination but also do not want attack traffic to enter their
> network:
>
> Rent 1 additional ports from each upstream provider and convince the
> upstream provider to accept /32 routes without exporting them (I know not
> all will do this, this may be the hardest part of the whole szenario).
> Connect all those ports to a single Layer3 switch like a EX4550 or even smaller.
>
> Connect some cheap mitigation solution like Wanguard to it (don't know if
> similar software exists from other vendors).
But for this to scrub and not black hole legit traffic destined for the customer the pipes all the way to Wanguard solution public ports would have to be the size of the primary upstream links.
So I guess it boils down to what is cheaper whether buying extra links from each of your transit providers or buying scrubbing services from one of them.

adam

        Adam Vitkovsky
        IP Engineer

T:      0333 006 5936
E:      Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
W:      www.gamma.co.uk

This is an email from Gamma Telecom Ltd, trading as “Gamma”. The contents of this email are confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was addressed. This email is not intended to create any legal relationship. No one else may place any reliance upon it, or copy or forward all or any of it in any form (unless otherwise notified). If you receive this email in error, please accept our apologies, we would be obliged if you would telephone our postmaster on +44 (0) 808 178 9652 or email postmaster at gamma.co.uk

Gamma Telecom Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales, with limited liability, with registered number 04340834, and whose registered office is at 5 Fleet Place London EC4M 7RD and whose principal place of business is at Kings House, Kings Road West, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 5BY.