[j-nsp] ASR 1001 throughput question

Satish Patel satish.txt at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 16:54:13 EDT 2016

We are planning to buy Cisco ASR 1001 but base model comes with 2.5G
throughput. Here is my requirement and question.

Basically we have 10G link and legit traffic is 1G around but most of
time we get DDoS attack and because of that we upgrade link to 10G. so
let say we get 5G attack on link and we use ACL to drop all packet on
router interface in that cause does 2.5G ASR limit will cause any
issue?

I am just trying to understand what is 2.5G throughput limit on Cisco ASR 1001