[j-nsp] SNMP walk on JunOS from inside a routing instance

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Apr 27 12:10:28 EDT 2016

On 27/04/16 16:58, Per Westerlund wrote:
> That is default behavior, but you can access other RI's interfaces by explicitly using the RI name. No way to reach all IFs at once via a RI.

I'm a bit confused now.

I just tested (SRX240H running 12.3X48-D15.4) and I can see all
interfaces when hitting an IP inside a routing-instance, as well as in
inet.0.

We do *not* have "routing-instance-access" under the "snmp" block, but
can still make SNMP queries to a routing instance; the docs suggest this
should not work, so I'm not sure what's going on.