[j-nsp] MX104 ISSU

Ross Halliday ross.halliday at wtccommunications.ca
Wed Apr 27 20:08:01 EDT 2016

Dear List,

I'm trying to practice upgrades on my MX104s with the least amount of network explosion.

This KB article (showing the error I get) claims that ISSU is only supported 14.1R1 and higher:

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB29381

...but the ISSU feature page, http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos15.1/topics/reference/requirements/issu-system-requirements.html#section-issu-supported-releases , says "use the Feature Explorer", which lists 13.3R1 through 13.3R9 as supporting ISSU.

Running 13.3R4.6, trying to move to 13.3R8.7.

I'm assuming that the Feature Explorer is wrong.

Is there any way other than the extremely ungraceful switchover method to upgrade an MX104 on 13.3Rx?

Thanks
Ross