[j-nsp] EX4600 Vs QFX 5100 VS ACX 5048

Jerry Jones jjones at danrj.com
Fri Apr 29 14:06:57 EDT 2016

The ACX has many more MPLS and CE features compared to the QFX.

On Apr 29, 2016, at 11:35 AM, Colton Conor <colton.conor at gmail.com> wrote:

Besides port count and expansion modules, what is the main differences
between these three Juniper switches (actually Juniper has the ACX under
their router section on their website). I believe all three use Broadcom
Trident II chips.

This Juniper doc says:

Even though QFX5100 and EX4600 Switches use the same chipset, MPLS support
differs.EX4600 switches support only basic MPLS functionality while QFX5100
switches support some of the more advanced features. See “MPLS Feature
Support on QFX Series and EX4600 Switches” on page 17 for details.
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos14.1/information-products/pathway-pages/ex4600/mpls.pdf

The ACX seems interesting. I know it is MEF 2.0 certified while the other
two are not. Besided MEF certification I would like to know how it differs
from the QFX5100 as the port count is identical.

Does anyone have experience with these three platforms?