[j-nsp] EX4600 Vs QFX 5100 VS ACX 5048

Amos Rosenboim amos at oasis-tech.net
Sat Apr 30 12:39:51 EDT 2016

Hi,

I am not very familiar with their portfolio but ALU seems to have decent metro/agg boxes.

From a conversation with an Ericsson SE a few months ago they were suppose to release a 1U platform with excellent port density.

Amos

Sent from my iPhone

On 30 Apr 2016, at 03:24, Colton Conor <colton.conor at gmail.com<mailto:colton.conor at gmail.com>> wrote:

So the Cisco 5001 is the direct competitor to the Juniper ACX5048. Both
seem to be based off the Broadcom Trident II.  Mark can you give me more
details on the reasons why the Broadcom based offerings are such a bad
option? I know you like the ASR920, but 4 10G ports is not enough.

Aaron, do you think the problems with the NCS5001 still exists? How long
ago did you test those? And just to confirm those are not present on the
ACX5048?

Besides Cisco and Juniper solutions discussed, what else is out there that
has more than 4 10G ports with these feature sets?