[j-nsp] BGP/MPLS Question MX Platform

Dean Bolton jnprlist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 16:14:48 EDT 2016

Hi,

I have a small network with 3 nodes that are connected in a "ring", ie A to
B, B to C, C to A.  I'm running MPLS w/LDP for l2circuits and ISIS as the
IGP.  MPLS is working fine including if one of the links fails.  Nodes A
and C also have IP transit connections to upstream carriers and all three
nodes have BGP setup.  What I would like to do is prevent BGP from using
the A to C link for any traffic or only traffic that I specify and the A to
C link only be used for MPLS.  I haven't quite been able to figure out how
one could accomplish that since the loopbacks are reachable via MPLS and/or
IGP and they will use that link during a failure of A-B or B-C.

Thanks in advance for any help!