[j-nsp] BGP/MPLS Question MX Platform

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Aug 3 13:18:01 EDT 2016

On 3 August 2016 at 19:36, Dean B <jnprlist at gmail.com> wrote:

Hey,

> Hey Saku thanks for clarifying...it makes sense now.  So for your option "c"
> I would just set the ISIS metric to have a higher cost on the expensive A-C
> link so that it would not normally be used right?  I have sample lab logical
> system config here: http://pastebin.com/uzHtzWrw

No. In option C you'd have proper metric, metric which cases expensive
link to be used normally. But as all traffic would be in RSVP tunnels,
you'd ultimately be unable to put LSPs on the SPT path, because there
isn't enough capacity, then subsequent LSPs would fall back to off SPT
paths, to avoid the congested link.
And if there are no available path, then some LPSs would just simply
not establish and you'd blackhole traffic.

> I'm assuming I need to add an additional LSP to each node that has a higher
> priority and then use that LSP for the l2circuit traffic.  What else would I
> need to get the option "c" with blackhole of other traffic during low-cost
> path failure?

For C you'd need need full-mesh RSVP.

--
  ++ytti