[j-nsp] BGP/MPLS Question MX Platform

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Aug 3 17:18:37 EDT 2016

On 4 August 2016 at 00:09, Dean B <jnprlist at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks.  I think the part I'm missing is associating the IP traffic to an
> LSP and how to prevent it from just going back to IGP routing when the LSP
> fails.  From everything I can see it will just drop back to IGP routes if
> the LSP disappears.

Good point. There must be clean solution, but at least one really
dirty solution I can think of, is to ensure you won't have labels to
next-hop without RSVP (e.g. LDP in RSVP). Then ensure unlabeled
traffic isn't sent out from the box (simple egress fw filter on edge
devices interfaces towards core devices will do).

It's not exactly kosher, because the route is valid, so you can
advertise (and pull traffic) without able to forward it. Which may be
huge deal-breaker, or non-issue, depending on your edge services.
So question is 'how do I ensure, next-hop is only valid when it's via
LSP tunnel', I'm sure there is good canonical answer to it, but I
don't know it.

--
  ++ytti