[j-nsp] Graphing Tool for Juniper RPM stats

Keith kwoody at citywest.ca
Fri Aug 12 13:02:25 EDT 2016

Hi.

We have a bit of a new requirement to build a sort of portal for a customer
to view certain stats on a L3VPN network that we built for them that spans
our MPLS network using VRF's etc. Basic MPLS stuff I guess.

We have turned on RPM in our lab gear (T320 and an SRX240) to see how it
all works.

The production network is T640/MX480 and EX4200's.

We would like to graph out jitter/RTT etc so the customer can see stats on
their links.

We have twelve sites for this customer spread over three towns.

I have some stuff working, but are there any out of the box type solutions
that would work for a portal type app?

We have in-house folks that could do this, but for this case, would be quicker
and maybe a bit cheaper to get a pre-rolled app for something like this.

I have been looking at lots of different monitoring stuff, but would like to
know
of other opinions on what other folks are using for monitoring specific things
like
the stats of RPM services.

Thanks,
Keith