[j-nsp] Limit on the number of BGP communities a route can be tagged with?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Aug 24 06:07:17 EDT 2016

On 24 August 2016 at 08:47, Huan Pham <drie.huanpham at gmail.com> wrote:

Hey,

> I am pretty sure, you will never see the same community twice (unlike AS in
> AS-PATH). So your regex to match multiple occurrences of a community is not
> necessary.

I agree that this is not something operator should worry about, but
certainly something vendor/developer should worry about.

What would stop me from coding that on the BGP frame?

There has been several BGP parser bugs causing crash of thousands of
routers on the Internet. It would be surprising if there weren't many
still left, with probably budgetary cost of finding one is <10kEUR.

--
  ++ytti