[j-nsp] Juniper PTX1000

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Fri Dec 16 15:21:22 EST 2016

I was thinking about the ptx1000 as a supercore fast mpls swapping p-box.  I understand it can have (24) 100 gig !

I've seen the PTX1000 referred to as a supercore router , and I understand it has MPLS LSR functions (someone told me that it does not do mpls edge (pe) functions)

...i see/hear no mention of mpls for this 7280...
https://www.arista.com/en/products/7280r-series
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/nanog/users/188708

...i have heard of the NCS5500 but I think it only has (4) 100 gig and we are wanting 6 or more.  Does cisco have a small form factor mpls router with lots of 100 gig ?

- Aaron