[j-nsp] Juniper EX2200 virtual-chassis

Dave Bell me at geordish.org
Wed Feb 3 08:43:10 EST 2016

Hi,

Its been quite some time since I've used EX switches. From memory
though, even if you don't explicitly have any VC configuration the
switch will believe itself to be part of a VC with only one member -
itself.

Run some show virtual-chassis commands to confirm that this is the
case. If it does believe it is, then you can likely add in the
appropriate VC configuration that designates it as master, and insert
your new switch into the chassis without interruption.

This part is completely unhelpful for you but we configured all
switches going into production as a VC even if they didn't have any
other members for situations like this.

Regards,
Dave