[j-nsp] QFX mc-lag and v6 ND

Adam Vitkovsky Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
Fri Feb 5 03:46:49 EST 2016

Hello Karl,

> Karl Brumund
> Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2016 8:56 PM
>
> We're seeing an issue with a pair of QFX3500s, configured with MC-LAG
> towards servers and IPv6 Neighbor Discovery.
> qfx1 and qfx2 have mc-ae towards servers. If qfx1 sends NS, a server may
> reply on the bonded mc-ae towards qfx2 (depending on which NIC it hashes
> to). qfx1 never gets the NA and times out the neighbor.
> J documentation only seems to mention NDP and MC-LAG for EX9200s in
> 15.1.
>
> Anybody else seen this, or got a hint to toss our way?
>
> Thanks!
> ...karl
Was able to find this:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos14.2/topics/concept/interfaces-active-active-bridging-and-vrrp-over-irb-mx.html

Junos OS supports active-active MC-LAGs by using VRRP over IRB. Junos OS also supports active-active MC-LAGs by using IRB MAC address synchronization. You must configure IRB using the same IP address across MC-LAG peers. IRB MAC synchronization is supported on 32-bit interfaces and interoperates with earlier MPC and MIC releases.

What is interesting though is I can't find anything related to how the heck should NDP work over MC-LAG
If anyone knows of any documentation please let me know.

adam

        Adam Vitkovsky
        IP Engineer

T:      0333 006 5936
E:      Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
W:      www.gamma.co.uk

This is an email from Gamma Telecom Ltd, trading as “Gamma”. The contents of this email are confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was addressed. This email is not intended to create any legal relationship. No one else may place any reliance upon it, or copy or forward all or any of it in any form (unless otherwise notified). If you receive this email in error, please accept our apologies, we would be obliged if you would telephone our postmaster on +44 (0) 808 178 9652 or email postmaster at gamma.co.uk

Gamma Telecom Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales, with limited liability, with registered number 04340834, and whose registered office is at 5 Fleet Place London EC4M 7RD and whose principal place of business is at Kings House, Kings Road West, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 5BY.