[j-nsp] About ISIS export policy behavior

Harry Reynolds harry at juniper.net
Fri Feb 5 12:15:55 EST 2016

I always understood export for a link state to apply to external only. Internal routes have to be flooded for correct protocol operation, minus certain rules for L1/L2 or for ospf stubby areas, but filtering these internals is not done with policy.

In this context the doc link makes sense.

While a bit surprised it worked, you seems to have overrode the default deny all externals export with an explicit deny all, which also caught internal routes.

HTHs