[j-nsp] Which BOGON filter strategy you would recommend IPv4 and IPv6

Alexander Marhold alexander.marhold at gmx.at
Tue Feb 16 02:49:07 EST 2016

Hi !

My customer is a bigger company with customers around the world, which
recently connected directly to 4 upstream providers and 1 IX via MX router
and BGP

Now by searching the internet and googling  I do not know which method to
use to have up-to date BOGON filtering for IPv4 AND IPV6  (yes IPv6 is
necessary)

I found things like spamhaus, team-cymru.org .

It seems that IPv6 is still less treated than IPv4

What do you recommend, and which way to get the lists and how often is an
update needed

Or is it better to try a dynamic solution via bgp-peering ?

With best regards

alexander