[j-nsp] Optimizing the FIB on MX

Alexander Marhold alexander.marhold at gmx.at
Thu Feb 18 04:30:50 EST 2016

Hi Chuck !

Followed with interest the problem and especially your solution and I have
looked into the docu BUT:

DOCU says:
" Before you begin:

    Configure the device interfaces.
    Configure OSPF or any other IGP protocol.
    Configure MPLS and LDP.     <---------------------------------- REALLY
????????????????
    Configure BGP.
"

Why do you need to enable MPLS and LDP for PIC ?????

IMHO this is a documentation error , or do I miss something ?

Regarding you suggestion of using it in a routing instance with version
<15.1 I am not sure if that works as documentation says that it only works
for vpnv4-BGP routes

DOCU says
"Before you begin:

    Configure LDP.
    Configure an IGP, either OSPF or IS-IS.
    Configure a Layer 3 VPN.
    Configure multiprotocol BGP for either an IPv4 VPN or an IPv6 VPN.
<---------------- nthis seems to be a restriction regarding your proposed
solution
"

Any more info on that available ?