[j-nsp] Enable EVPN on existing mpls l3vpn network

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Thu Feb 18 18:02:04 EST 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 10:44:16AM -0800, tim tiriche wrote:
> I have an existing L3VPN network with NSR.
>
> If i want to enable EVPN, is it just a matter of enabling family evpn
> signalling on the bgp neighbors?

Yes, but you probably want at least Junos 14.1 for EVPN.

> Will doing so, cause a session reset or affect existing production services
> or something else i need to be aware of?  this will be on the junos

Yes, the BGP session will reset.  Alternatively, you can set up a
separate BGP session for just EVPN so that you don't affect your L3VPN
BGP session.

> recommended 13.3R8 code.  I read NSR is not supported for EVPN.  If i
> enable family evpn signalling will NSR be supported for existing l3vpn
> functionality?

Yes.