[j-nsp] Optimizing the FIB on MX

Adam Vitkovsky Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
Mon Feb 22 11:18:29 EST 2016

My understanding is that using "per-prefix-label" will disable a lot of services that depend on vrf-table-label (like FW filters for example)

Anyways, this part is indeed confusing in the documentation and I guess it needs some further lab time.

For Provider Edge Link Protection for BGP Labeled Unicast Paths:
To minimize packet loss when the protected path is down, also use the per-prefix-label statement at the [edit routing-instances instance-name protocols bgp family inet labeled-unicast] hierarchy level. Set this statement on every PE router within the AS containing the protected path.

For Provider Edge Link Protection in Layer 3 VPNs:
Note: The option vrf-table-label must be configured under the [routing-instances instance-name] hierarchy for the routers that have protected PE-CE links. This applies to Junos OS Releases 12.3 through 13.2 inclusive.

adam

        Adam Vitkovsky
        IP Engineer

T:      0333 006 5936
E:      Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
W:      www.gamma.co.uk

This is an email from Gamma Telecom Ltd, trading as “Gamma”. The contents of this email are confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was addressed. This email is not intended to create any legal relationship. No one else may place any reliance upon it, or copy or forward all or any of it in any form (unless otherwise notified). If you receive this email in error, please accept our apologies, we would be obliged if you would telephone our postmaster on +44 (0) 808 178 9652 or email postmaster at gamma.co.uk

Gamma Telecom Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales, with limited liability, with registered number 04340834, and whose registered office is at 5 Fleet Place London EC4M 7RD and whose principal place of business is at Kings House, Kings Road West, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 5BY.