[j-nsp] Optimizing the FIB on MX

Daniel Verlouw daniel at shunoshu.net
Mon Feb 22 14:56:49 EST 2016

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 6:53 PM, Saku Ytti <saku at ytti.fi> wrote:
> On pre-Trio it would disable egress filters, but on Trio it won't.

yup, Trio always uses the egress proto family, whereas DPC would use
the ingress (i.e. mpls) when vrf-table-label is used.
One more reason to love Trio :-)

> I'd really want per CE labels + aggregate label for connected network.

while a bit cumbersome, that's possible today, using something along
the lines of:

set policy-options policy-statement direct-per-VRF from protocol direct
set policy-options policy-statement direct-per-VRF then
label-allocation per-table

set policy-options policy-statement per-CE then label-allocation per-nexthop
set policy-options policy-statement per-CE then accept

set routing-instances <VRF> vrf-table-label     # set default to per-table
set routing-instances <VRF> routing-options label allocation per-CE
# override to per-CE by default
set routing-instances <VRF> vrf-export [ direct-per-VRF <insert other
VRF export policies> ]      # revert to per-table for directly
connected

Cheers,
Daniel.