[j-nsp] Monitor SRX "Invalidated Session"

Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr youssef at 720.fr
Mon Feb 29 10:52:34 EST 2016

Here is JTAC feedback regarding this :

"As I have understood it till now, the issue is with the invalidated
sessions seen on the SRX.

Seeing some number of invalidated sessions on the SRX is a normal behavior.
Each valid session for which a FIN is received would be moved to the
invalidated sessions list and then discarded from the SRX completely.
While a new session is getting established, it would be in the invalidated
sessions list until the tcp handshake completes and then the session is
moved to the valid session list.
Hence, the number of invalidated sessions seen at a particular time on the
SRX depends on the two factors mentioned above.

Please confirm if you are referring to the following forum post :-
http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB23462
http://forums.juniper.net/t5/SRX-Services-Gateway/What-is-the-quot-Invalidated-sessions-quot/td-p/172518

If yes, I have gone through the internal PR mentioned in that link and
reviewed it. That PR is not applicable to the version 12.3X48-D20 which is
running on the SRX."

I'm still for a feedback about which models / OS versions are affected by
this.

BR.

--
Youssef BENGELLOUN-ZAHR