[j-nsp] JUNOS Upgrade

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Sat Jan 2 15:35:35 EST 2016

We upgraded an MX480, with a subscriber management license, a few months
ago 11.4X27.42 to 12.3R10.2 without any issues.

The 'Upgrade and Downgrade Support Policy for Junos OS Releases' section
discusses what's supported, and it's not clear without further research if
a 11.2 to 12.3 upgrade would be supported. TAC would be your best resource
to find out.

My guess is your primary risk would be the inability to perform a
downgrade, or configuration after upgrade not being correct, but that's
speculation.

--
Dan White