[j-nsp] Strange Log about GRE Keepalive

Niall Donaghy Niall.Donaghy at geant.org
Mon Jan 4 09:51:19 EST 2016

Hi Alireza,

If you want to suppress this message from the on-box log files, you can do
something like this on MX - not sure about M320:

	set system syslog <file> <target> match "!(fpc.*pfe doesn't support
GRE Keepalives)"

To suppress the message from going to your syslog server, you can try this -
but I haven't tested this myself:

	set system syslog <host> <target> match "!(fpc.*pfe doesn't support
GRE Keepalives)"

Finally, this is not applicable in your case but might help someone
searching the archive in future.
If you have an MS-MIC card on MX-series, you can alter the syslog severity
in the syslog process on the MS-MIC itself.
We needed this workaround to stop the eventd process hogging CPU due to
excessive error messages from the MS-MIC using Netflow v9 with mpls-ipv4
template; the errors are 'cosmetic' but nevertheless hogging the main RE
CPU, if generated.

	set chassis fpc 9 pic 0 adaptive-services service-package
extension-provider syslog daemon critical

HTH,
Niall

Of
> Alireza Soltanian
> Sent: 04 January 2016 12:02
> To: juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net
> Subject: Re: [j-nsp] Strange Log about GRE Keepalive
>
> Thanks for the explanation.
>

> I don't have public IP address on this router. I installed some 10GE PICs
on other
> FPCs(2,3,4). Source of the GRE tunnels is IP addresses of those PICs.
> But GRE tunnel itself is configured on PIC in FPC0 or FPC1.
>
> Anyway Keepalive mechanism works fine and reacts to losing the Keepalive
and
> invalidates OSPF neighbors and routes as soon as NOT receiving Keepalive
from
> neighbor. Neighbor routers are all Cisco IOS routers.
>
> There is no problem in operation but I want to suppress this log.

GRE