[j-nsp] vMX for ESXi

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 04:14:45 EST 2016

> Maybe you missed the VMX getting started guide....
>

> http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/vmx15.1f4/information-products/pathway
> -pages/getting-started/vmx-gsg-vmware.html

Hi
Thanks for this hint. Finally these guide looks What I'm looking for
regarding documentation.
But still TGZ package doesn't have files which I'm looking and above guide
referring them - *.vmdk files :(

Page 24:
Table 7: vMX Package Contents

vmdk/jinstall64-vmx*.vmdk Software image file for VCP.
vmdk/vmxhdd.vmdk Software image file for VCP file storage.
vmdk/vFPC_*.vmdk
vmdk/metadata_usb.vmdk Virtual hard disk with bootstrapping information

Look what we have in F4 vMX TGZ from juniper.net

~/download$ ls -la *.tgz
-rw------- 1 robert users 1561459359 Dec 29 06:36 vmx-15.1F4.15.tgz
~/download$ tar zxf vmx-15.1F4.15.tgz
~/download$ cd vmx-15.1F4-3
~/download/vmx-15.1F4-3$ find ./ -type f | wc -l
      94
~/download/vmx-15.1F4-3$ find ./ -type f | grep vmdk
~/download/vmx-15.1F4-3$

Rob